Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Actually Now Contains Dragons

Okay, so I haven't really gotten a chance to post new shit in a while. Its sort of crunch time around here, or rather crunch time is winding down. As a result the amount I've actually been able to work on over here has been limited. Combine that with the fact that my artistic motivation has been about nil lately and you get not a lot of results.

Here are two work in progresses. The first is a speed paint I did on some kind of storm wyvern. The second is one I worked on for longer but I really don't like how its going, I may start another one in the same vein, but less shitty.


6 comments:

  1. great composition in the first. i hope the rest of them look something near the product of the neck area in the second. REALLY fantastic work there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its getting to that point already on the top one. At least on the wyvern itself, I haven't done any more work on the rocks and clouds yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sketchy stuff, but I'm EXCITED. Good continuation on these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Thanks man. Yeah its kinda sketchy (not trenchcoat sketchy I hope) but its because I speed paint first and then go in varying levels of detail to fill in until its done (unlike what I did with the defiler piece). I've already started doing the details on the wyvern and its turning out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're really inciting me to take up my Wacom. I was just recently done with my finals, so maybe I'll get on it. Maybe I'll start with dragons, too =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great. It isn't too hard to pick up. You just sort of have to learn how to use the tablet as a drawing medium, basically because its not at all the same as a pencil. Once you have that down it gets a lot more fun.

    ReplyDelete