Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yay! Dragons

After drawing much inspiration from fellow aspiring concept artist on CA.org, DefiledVisions, I decided to rethink how I design my dragons. Anyway, this is the first try I'm doing to make a cool, well designed dragon. This is about an hour and a half or so in. I'll be refining everything. One thing I've got to learn is that focal points of the drawing should be given a LOT of attention. Not just the overall appearance of the focal points, but each detail should be refined. Other than that I'm going to really try and get across smoother rendering of musculature and really create a sense of form with this one in the end (hopefully). I'll post updates on this image when I can. I'm not sure what I'll do for background yet. And for my campaignees: Look forward to this guy.



Oh, and if you'd like to check out some of the sickest dragon design I've ever come across, check out DefiledVisions' sketchbook here. There are pages and pages of dragons and they are all of an excellent level of badass with a variety in design and features.

No comments:

Post a Comment