Saturday, January 15, 2011

Round 200, Part 1

It's been a little while since there was a new creature. I've been really busy with the Creature of the Week round 200 stuff, but I've also been sick, scrambling to catch up on work, and organizing things for two separate D&D campaigns I'm running. It's been a fun week, though. Got to see (and hold) my friends' new kid, Anya, for the first time, which was pretty amazing. Finished a painting and started conceiving the concept for a new one based around having my friend Tavish write a program to have me paint a painting. Also this week, Tavish wrote a story about me on his blog. It's a world in which I am a superhero advocate for the merits of loose leaf over bagged tea. It's really just a case of us reveling in my tealitism, but it was a good laugh and a fun read. I come off sounding like the most over-the-top character and the thing reads like a novelized action sequence from an anime. It's awesome.

Anyway, here's the first of my creatures from COW round 200. This is for 1 of the 3 potential briefs: the Hyperintelligent Sea Dweller. So here are my creatures: The Aqualith.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! i LOVED the story your friend wrote, just brilliant, esp. the **SPOILER ALERT** rescue by yerba mate at the end. i'm also digging the new style in your aqua-creature, there's a really gorgeous crispness to the light. feel better, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of your most successful pictures i've ever seen. you deserve to win this one buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tavish is a funny guy. One of the other things he writes is a fan fiction novelization of the D&D campaign I've been running the last few years, from the perspective of his character.

    Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll win that category. I think I have a pretty good chance, too. Clark did a pretty killer design, too. You can check his out here:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2991621&postcount=288

    ReplyDelete