Sunday, June 19, 2011

Still Kickin'

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted. I've been really bad about getting my ass in gear and actually sitting down for drawing sessions longer than an hour or so. Basically I started work again. Because of developer logistics, I have to test from 11-7:30, meaning that I get home at about 7:45 or 8 every day, at which point I'm usually to exhausted to do much of anything. You wouldn't think game testing is that soul-sucking, but it really really is. Anyway, that's why I've been so inactive. I'm trying to really get my ass in gear, but it's tough.

I've been trying to get my shit together for a piece of fan art I'm putting together for the Warriors of Darkness of Loading Ready Run fame. But big, crowded compositions are tough to put together, especially when I don't have the character designs down yet.

I did Industrial Design of the Week recently. The topic was "Space Smuggler", wherein I had to design the space smuggler's spaceship. Being a big fan of both Firefly and Cowboy Bebop, I decided to use those as my chief influences. I wanted it to look cobbled together, and falling apart, yet lived in and home-like. I'm not totally happy with it, obviously there are perspective issues and I rushed a bunch of it, not realizing I had second week to perfect it. Anyway, here she is...



This second piece here is a character I was playing in a recent Pathfinder campaign, run by the illustrious, industrious Simon Case. The character started out as my tribute to the kid's book Tatterhood, a little girl using a massive spoon as her chief form of weaponry. Anyway, at a certain point in the campaign, things took a turn for the worse, and her (read: my) loopy attitude led to her having a bit of a spill down a giant cliff. Thanks to a hilarious twist, she ended up revived as mangled perversion of her previous form. I decided to roleplay it so that she didn't really realize how mangled she was. Anyway, I tried to capture that character in this piece. I'm in the process of adding colour to the piece, I'll post updates on that as soon as I can.



Also, I have a Twitter now. I will update it with stupid shit about my life and also Creature of the Week stuff. So, follow that, I guess...

1 comment:

  1. dead girls: yes. My name associated with them on the internet: yes!

    ReplyDelete