Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fungus Beast

Hey all. Here's my latest piece, the mycocanth. I'm pretty happy with the turnout, but I've been told the image comes off as kind of flat. Ah well. Anyway, it was for Creature of the Week, round 249: fungal beast. The creature cultivates the large fungi on it's back and legs which allow it to grow its other fungi types (the small blue clusters and the protruding phallic mushrooms), which function as it's reproductive organs. I still have to work on my enviros quite a bit. I'm going to try and tackle some characters and enviros in the next little while, if I can find time in between that, my print classes, my paintings, my work-intensive cybermutation project, and any free time I have... Oh, and Mass Effect 3 is coming out soon? Oh good, I'll have no time to do any of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment